The Secret about Texas Has Made it Across the Pond.
Will it Attract a Global Influx, as well?
Hi! I’ll let you on a little secret.
Apparently, the British are on to us.
It amazes me to think a Washington-based writer for the BBC is writing this article.
(Source cited in video.)
It seems that the BBC is typically lampooning us. Don’t get me wrong, the author does make his digs about “American-style” football and our ridiculously hot summers, but he also captures the complete upside to our economy and our greatness!
So, let’s see if I can summarize what the Brits have finally figured out about us, that many Texans and even Dallas-ites haven’t.
Aside from the story’s ubiquitous JR Ewing and State Fair pictures online, the Brits now know that we have 5 of the top 10 fastest growing cities in the nation.
Now, remember in my first video on the
With that said, know this: For 2011 and 2012, Dallas, in particular, ranked 7th with having added close to 25,000 people for a total population near 1.25 million.
But, also, good news for Texas in general is that Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Ft. Worth made this list. Now, that rounds out your 5 of the top 10.
But in my 2nd video on
AHHHH… But WHY?
This is where things get really interesting when a staff writer for the BBC, of all places, takes note!
First and foremost, it’s about JOBS! Remember what I told you in the last video on
Well, consider this an internationally known phenomenon now due to Oil and Gas, Technology, Manufacturing, Biz Services, and Military.
But, what this article misses is the point in that previous video that in the last 10 years Texas has created more private sector jobs than the entire rest of the nation combined. And, since 2007, Texas has created 1/3 of all jobs in the United States!
Now, let’s talk about:
- Cost of Living – It blows doors on many other metropolitan areas nationwide.
- HOMES – This goes hand-in-hand with Cost of Living. And, we’re in real estate, so we’re already aware of that.
- Lower Taxes – We talked about this, too, in the last video. Texas is all about the ZEROES with regard to 0 state income tax, 0 cap gains tax, and 0 death tax.
- And at number 5, the sheer volume of large metropolitan areas just for this one state = SIX!
And, even the Brits know that we weren’t hit as hard as the rest of the nation during the housing crash because of our stricter lending rules.
And, there are only 5 other states in the nation that have a lower overall tax burden than Texas.
So let’s take for example, you’re in Illinois. If you want to work in the big city, you’ve got Chicago and that’s it. So, you either move there, or you’ve got a very, very long commute.
Now, let’s talk about the final five reasons:
And then there are some really pleasant things apparently we are known for here in our state:
- We’re Family-friendly.
- We’re Business-friendly because we have fewer regulations.
- And, this author is saying that Texans epitomize the 3 C’s… Cohesive, Conservative, and Consistent.
- Plus, we are a 4th C… Content to be Content at Home in Texas, which means once we’re here, we stay here, because we love it here.
Now, I’m assuming that’s because Brits are fed up with in-cohesion, liberalism, and inconsistency. I’m not sure why he mentioned this, but he did.
So, What’s the Big Takeaway?
I really think the BBC needs to watch my second video based on Wayne Allyn Root’s study on
But at least they, along with the rest of the country, are beginning to figure out that Dallas is more than JR Ewing, Jerry World, and what this screen grab of the BBC website would show!
Hope you’ve been entertained and learned a little something about what is going on with us economically to make our current real estate market here in Dallas the big deal that it really is!
Thanks for watching!
So, What’s the POINT?!
You CANNOT AFFORD to be represented by:
• anyone who is “native” and blind to our current economic truths.
• anyone whose focus is so myopic that your family’s largest investment could be placed at risk, or in the very least, not taken into it’s fuller context.
• anyone just because they are a friend of a friend, or worse… the friend of a significant other.
• anyone who isn’t willing to shake up the status quo to make sure you can take care of your family’s needs.
P.S. Are you curious to know what your home is worth?
Call me at 214-793-2332.
Your call is No-Risk and a painfully evident ECONOMIC No-Brainer.
P.P.S. You have nothing to lose except… time and money by NOT giving me a call!
P.P.P.S. Or if you prefer, just click here to send me a quick note with your address and phone number,
and I’ll look it over and call you!